Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Friday, December 29, 2017

Whoop!! Whoop!! Whoop!! Once Upon a Time is Checked Off! 17 in 2017 is finished!

Yes!!  I just finished tying and tucking the last tails on the seals. . .


and the walrus sleigh block. . . 


Probably 5/6 of the applique stitching has been finished while doing the trapunto work. The remaining stitching will be simultaneous with the quilting. There are a couple embroidery tasks to happen after quilting, too.

And now that all the trapunto work and pre-quilting stitchery is finished on my "Once Upon a Star," that means I've successfully met my 17 in 2017 challenge!

And I can't tell you how much lift of burden I felt to have this stage completed on this project! It is what has held it back for quite a long time.


A quick recap for my challenge: I'd listed 17 UFOs that I wanted to advance a stage during this past year.  Of those, 4 were completely finished, 4 are ready to be finished on the longarm, and 4 are now flimsies. At least six of them would not have been touched at all this year were it not for this challenge. 

I also accomplished: 10 other finished quilts, 4 other flimsies, 5 other significant advances, and my first customer job (custom longarm quilting).

So I'm really looking forward to the 18 in 2018 challenge helping me get a lot more finishes that might otherwise stagnate! It's surprising how much that challenge helps, even when you just expect a step or two to be done instead of a finish. Between that and the 6 & 6 challenge letting new things in, it's going to be a fun year.

~*~*~ Linking at:

TGIFF at Kathy's this week
Sarah's Whoop Whoop Friday
Meredithe's 17 in 2017

11 comments:

  1. Well, done, Lynette! Congratulations on all the progress this year. I'm slow so it's hard for me to imagine 10 finished quilts in a year in addition to all the other in-progress quilts you're working on and have moved toward finishes. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, indeed! I am very much looking forward to the 18 in 2018 challenge. I can already feel that it is going to help me stay focused (just making the lists for the posts helped!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Give yourself a big pat on the back ... and good luck with next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great finish for your year! Thanks for sharing and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheering and hands loudly clapping. Encore! Encore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! Sounds like the 17 challenge was really worthwhile for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are my hero! Congratulations on making a crazy goal and completing it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! It has been a successful challenge for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job!! I have made my 18 in '18 post and linked up. I am now running through possibilities of what to work on first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This applique project is just adorable!!! The 17 in 17 was helpful for me as well ; congratulations on getting so much done. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.