Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Friday, January 2, 2015

Finish Report -"I Stole the Baby!!"

I still have to blog my last two finishes of 2014. Today I'm sharing this fun little whimsy that I put together for a Christmas present for my husband. He likes having minis to pin on his wall at the clinic, and patients enjoy looking at them.


This was made completely from my scrap bin! That was a fun challenge, and makes it perfect for the next Scraptastic Tuesday. It would be 14" square if it were one whole.



My daughter, Heather, drew out the brownie for me. I used fusible web to iron all the pieces together and then onto a scrap of black batting. I didn't quilt him at all, as it's strictly a wall hanging.  The brownie is Franjeen from the movie, "Willow," and this is the quilter's version of one of his iconic lines,

"I stole the baby!!"



Thus the name. Not many people will get the joke, but our family does, and it's a fun whimsy even if you don't have a clue about the reference.

Scott loves everything about this quilt. In fact, he just came in here calling out "Where's my quilt?! Where'd it go??!" (it was on his Man Cave desk waiting to go to work with him). and he relaxed visibly when I said I'd just taped it to the wall across from the window to get a shot of it.  LOL   ;D


~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Linking up at:

14 comments:

  1. That sure is a fun wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I love it when quilt's have a humorous touch. Now I have to try and watch "Willow"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen the movie, but the brownie is still adorable! It's so great you have such a talented daughter as Heather who can simply draw up whatever you need. And how you implemented it... well, it's just adorable. The cutest wall quilt I've seen in a very long time. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put Willow on my watch list, but too right - the mini is wonderful without having seen the movie! I think it will gain many smiles at the clinic:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a neat idea. Good luck on tackling your WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever wall hanging! I love the piece being removed from the quilt!
    Claire aka Knitnkwilt

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun quilt. I especially like the little brownie. I also think your cat in the sink (in the next post or a previous post) is adorable. She has beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute hanging! Saw Willow a long time ago.... ! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fantastic quilt and the 'story' is very funny. I'm surprised you are letting it out of the house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.