Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, March 16, 2014

BOMs Away - A new one. :)



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!


We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


Since I finished "Hello, Moon!" last month, I got to pull out a new BOM today to fill in the 3rd-Sunday slot. This one is "Heart & Home," which I apparently received through part of 2009. (Not sure why this photo is posting overly-pink.)



Since I still don't have a machine to piece with, I opened all the sets, washed and dried the fabrics, and ironed them all. . .




This one included a sheet of Spoonflower-type specialty pieces for the house blocks. Love the cats and the "Cross My Heart Quilt Shop" sign!




I got all the pieces cut out for the first two sets, as well as the rest of the pieces from those given fabrics for the other sets. So, there's not many fabrics left to cut for the last three sets.  This BOM only has 5 block sets, and then the finishing kit makes up the 6th set. Looking forward to a short-term BOM!




Oh, and during the week's bits of TV time, I got the stems for two of the yellow "Ruffled Roses" cornerstones stitched down and back-basted scraps on for the next round of elements:




~*~*~*~*~
Hope you've had time to make a little progress on your BOM!



10 comments:

  1. What a plan! Why didn't I think of that? I'll have to sit down and see if I can add another BOM - LOL. It's going to be a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh - a new project! I love those moments. I can't wait to be done with one of my current BOMs so I can add a new project to replace one of the ones I've got going! :)
    ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new BOM you are going to work on. I like doing back basting too for some applique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of time, getting the BOM ready for when your machine comes back. It will be fun to see it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynette, I'm gonna love your new BOM. I see you schedule your work. Mind sharing your method behind your madness??.....giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI!!!! I love the colors in your new BOM!!!! Looks like fun waiting to happen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're managing very well to keep up with your sewing, in spite of having no machine. I'm terribly impressed with how you continue to plug away on that stack of projects in your closet. It must be starting to look a little more bare... yes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just added my pic of BOM. I will link back here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heart and Home looks really good when finished. I have seen a couple so enjoy its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cat prints are PURRRRRRFECT for you!!!! Best wishes with this new project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.