Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, February 24, 2013

BOMs Away Monday - Resurrecting Jane


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEib6FEw-InTZOIaLrsh7raXFspj2e1T12kCO8l-1fE90gdy6n4l1MW2uvunLaRnasRzTevZmJGQUxFSneppP1tAy6D3038PFUnZoe3kZkA6pv4O9beBUFKk-l_8VIx2zK7QOjm3Pv7Ki7I/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg

Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!

We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of this post.


I. Had. A. BLAST. at Cabin Fever!!!!!  Emily put together the best quilt retreat, and Shannon's hubby spoiled us all with his cooking. What a wonderful time. New friends, gorgeous cabin, splendid trunk shows, fun make-and-takes and games, fantastic projects to watch being worked on, a man cooking for us. . . You just cannot beat that.  I'll have to share some pictures when I can get it together better, but here's a shot Jennifer took when we were getting to know each other. 



This was a terrific bunch of people, sure hope we succeed in staying in touch!


But to get BOMs Away rolling, here' my report for this week's work. . .

Had to drive home over the Rockies through a winter storm - was good to see my own steps after that!


It's a winter wonderland right now. This was early this morning before today's blizzard moved in. Fun to dress the Picnic Spruce for a moment before the wind picked up. 



But then they needed to come in and get dry by the fire! Selma graciously accepted the pile of Baby Janes on "her" rug, so long as she could model them.



I had hopes of finishing a lot more blocks than I did, but one of the sets was SUPER demanding. So 10 are completely done, 8 more are half-way pieced, and 12 others have varying degrees of hand stitching to do. 

This block, in particular, took something like 5 hours all on its own. G6 for you Janiacs out there. What an insane block! The tiniest 8-point star you've ever seen (the points approach 1/4 inch) set in a 5-point star set in a 4" square. I can't believe I kept all the pieces straight.



The 10 blocks that were completed added 245 more pieces to my quilt's count for a total of 2595!


~*~*~*~*~ 

 What have you guys done on BOMs or interval projects lately? Weeklies are welcome along with regular projects that you’ve broken into monthly units, and –of course- true BOMs.   Share your eye candy and show off your progress since the last time you linked up! There are some wonderful monthly and weekly projects going on out there.  



12 comments:

  1. I knew you would have a fantastic time and your dear Jane blocks are beautiful. Feel like making another G6 and putting it in the post? ;o) No, oh well was worth a try :o) Have a great day, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those pretty blocks. I am also doing a Rainbow Jane. She is on vacation until April. LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blast!!! My Dear Jane is on sabbatical....giggle....along with the Farmer's Wife, and Elm Creek Wedding Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you had a fun time and made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Jane blocks are very nice, too. You begin to do the border blocks, that is very progress. A hug,
    P.S.: I love the snow. Of course I indoors and heated.
    Yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to see the return of Jane:) And to see there are other places in the world where spring hasn't come yet! Sounds like you had a fun weekend - how great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a good time at the retreat. Ready to go again? XX Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow, that's a heck of a tiny star! You Janiacs are nuts! ;) Glad you had fun at the retreat - sounds like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. While I admire these I am not planning to ever make them!
    You have way more patience than I do Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a great time! Love your blocks adorning your snowy tree...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay- I'm so glad you ended up having a great time at the retreat! Meanwhile, I've traveled in a few snow storms and they are never fun. Glad you made it home without incident.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you got a lot accomplished. I love seeing them in the snow. Oh, yeah! that pink block does look like it would be tough to piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.