Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, October 14, 2012

BOMs Away Monday - 15 Oct 2012 - Land of the Midnight Fun


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEib6FEw-InTZOIaLrsh7raXFspj2e1T12kCO8l-1fE90gdy6n4l1MW2uvunLaRnasRzTevZmJGQUxFSneppP1tAy6D3038PFUnZoe3kZkA6pv4O9beBUFKk-l_8VIx2zK7QOjm3Pv7Ki7I/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg

Welcome to my Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!

(We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.)


I just love these fun fellows on the "Land of the Midnight Fun" block. 
Scott walked in a said, "Hey! They're cool. But he needs a Coke bottle."  (Pointing at the one on the left -lol!)

this is something like 12" x 30"

Love the boxes that Batiks Plus sends these McKenna Ryan kits out in. 
(But you gotta shop these on sales, for sure.)



Got all the pieces traced and onto fabrics for the next "Once Upon a Star" block, "Holy Mackerel!"



Having fun playing with Angelina Fibers for the first time. Soooo easy to work with. Definitely going to look into adding this medium to my stash.  ;D



 Made the little 3D fishies for the puffin's stocking. They sure are SHINY!

  
Now to FMQ the stocking so I can sew it together to add it in with the main block when I fuse that up. At least I thought ahead enough to not cut the batting out around it until after I do that.  It'll be a lot easier to handle this way.

This is the fussiest block of the project, but it sure is fun.

~*~*~*~*~

So how 'bout you? Did you get any work done on your BOMs or interval projects? Link up here and show it off!


13 comments:

  1. Love those polar bears. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love that Mckenna Ryan block you are working on! Those Polar bears look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that panel - those bears look so lifelike and yet fun. Way to go, Lyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who did a single Mckenna Ryan block - a basket full of vegetables - and there were just so many tiny, detailed pieces. I suppose that's what makes it so special once it's finished. I think the polar bear would look good holding onto a bottle of hot chilli sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bears. I've never seen a M Ryan on sale but then I am not good about shopping, just don't like doing that as much as sewing/quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bear totally needs a Coke bottle! His hands are just so empty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that block is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I agree -- a Coke bottle is so needed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love McKenna Ryan's patterns! And especially these with the Christmas animals! This block looks like it would be a lot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always forget to link up whenever I actually DO a block!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bears are very pretty! Glad to see you have some sewing time again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stocking is so fancy! What are you going to do with it? You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.