Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My WIP Wednesday #9

Good morning!  Most of this week's WIPping consisted of catching up my Glacier Star "BOM" work.  It's actually a "Technique of the Month", but I categorize it with my BOMs. Like most of the BOMs on my list, it had fallen 3 months behind due to LIFE. But I'm just about finished with the May portion. 




For those of you who are familiar with this style of paper piecing: that huge cream piece at the end? Yes, it *is* gargantuan for that last remaining portion of paper you see poking out. When I press it over, there will be tons of overage. I did that on purpose - when I was cutting the section templates out of the master strip, these were on the end of the strip. I just left the last bit on to maximize the size of the scrap when I trim the block's outer lines.  :)

Psst - If you're working on any BOMs yourself, check out my new 
BOMs Away Monday linky feature. 
I started this up because Lee's WIPs have been incredibly helpful for me and I hope to harness that effect for BOM workers.

Also got Katie Loves Chris all quilted and it awaits a time when we actually sit down in the evening again to watch a show - just need to bury the tails and sew on a label.  Oh! Tonight's Movie Night with my gal-pal. Finish #15 should happen tonight!  :D

I really **have** to finish appliquéing those owls! This *will* happen this week.

Thank you to Lee at Freshly Pieced for hosting WIP Wednesdays it really keeps me motivated to keep those UFOs going!


This week's stats:
New Projects - 
        (Yes!)
Completed Projects This Week - 0 

In Active Progress - 
        (Devon's Owls, Katie Loves Chris, Marissa's Moment of Freakishness)
UFO Firing Range - 36.667 (This is down 1, but higher than last week because I found some sneaky old projects hiding out)
Finishes for 2011 - 14  


Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Two charity wheelchair quilts

Dreamy Unicorns

Trip Around the World with Mr. Hernandez (Mr. Hernandez's)
Trip Around the World with Mr. Hernandez (Heather's)
Be Attitudes
We Love Kelly
Sailing with the Flying Needles (is at the longarm studio!!)
Wagon Wheels West #2
Devon's Silk Spinners

Marissa's Minky Squares
Kelly's Thirties Hand Quilter
Kelly's Calico
Leap Frog Lily Pond

Poor Forgotten Orphan from 15 Years Ago #1

5 comments:

  1. Holy moly, you've got a lot of quilts to quilt!!! Wowza!! Good luck on that finish tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished quilt! And do you ever have a LOT of quilting ahead of you!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any luck with the totes and toys for the Bama Bound Quilts Charity? I will post photos today of the quilts on the blog. Thank you so much for all your help. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for getting all that done! You're a quilty super woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glacier Star looks fun to make. I like paper-piecing (except for the removing the paper part)! You win for having the most quilts awaiting quilting ... I recently finished the last of 13 that had been waiting for long time!

    I have never done any BOM projects because I can't stand the idea of not being able to finish what I start much sooner ... but it sounds like fun if done in a group setting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.