Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My WIP Wednesday #7

Life continues to fly along in a blur!  My Heather is home again after a successful college freshman year. Drove 1700 miles in 48 hours to pick her up in St. Louis and scurry back down to Florida for her sister's high school graduation week. Current "Active Progress" is minimalized for anticipated Real-Life business.  :D


At the sofa sewing station (where hand work happens in the evenings while I watch a show with Scott), Romancing the Rose will finally get its label and become 2011 finish #14. 




At the piecing station (where my cheap-o Singer reigns supreme at that task), my Flying Needles and Swap Adventure BOMs will materialize.


At Saphira's station (the expensiver Husqvarna machine used for quilting and fancy stitching), Katie Loves Chris will *finally* get finished.


This quilt was made for my youngest sister's wedding since Grandma could not make one for them, having passed away not long before. I purposefully chose a traditional style that was typical of quilts created during Grandma's heyday of quilting. Got it pieced in a timely fashion, as well as the straight-line quilting on the patchwork areas, but the free-motion quilting I wanted to do in the Sunbonnet Sue blocks INTIMIDATED me!!! I'm feeling confident enough and have let go of the demand for pure perfection, so now it's up for immediate attention. We won't mention how long ago the wedding was. . .!


This week's stats:
New Projects - 0 

        (Soo very good, and believe me I've been TEMPTED this week with awesome sales! Plus, according to my UFO-buster plan, I am allowed to start a new project as a reward for finishing 6 from the list. I'm saving this allowance for a quilt for my cousin's wedding - he's getting married in THREE days!!! Got a great design idea, modern style, gelling in my mind.)
Completed Projects This Week - 6 

        (Poor Forgotten Orphan from 15 years ago #2 became 3 quilts for Bama Bound Quilts tornado relief, and 3 totes for the quilts.)
In Active Progress - 3 

        (Charming Love, Devon's Owls, Katie Loves Chris)
UFO Firing Range - 32.667 (-1)
Finishes for 2011 - 13  


Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Two charity wheelchair quilts

Katie Loves Chris
Dreamy Unicorns

Trip Around the World with Mr. Hernandez (Mr. Hernandez's)
Trip Around the World with Mr. Hernandez (Heather's)
Be Attitudes
We Love Kelly
Sailing with the Flying Needles
Wagon Wheels West #2
Devon's Silk Spinners

Marissa's Minky Squares
Kelly's Thirties Hand Quilter
Kelly's Calico
Leap Frog Lily Pond

Poor Forgotten Orphan from 15 Years Ago #1

6 comments:

  1. I love that you have "stations" I suppose if I thought about it I do too. Or at least there are some things I can move around the house depending on what the kids are doing. My "cutting station" moves a lot as I just sit on the floor to cut on a huge cutting mat ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life sounds extremely full right now. Your projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stitching at the top. wonderful!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband always makes the Transformer movie sounds when I tell him I have to transform my sewing room from piecing mode into quilting mode! How nice to have them both set up at the same time! And, I know how you feel...my nephew's wedding quilt was given to them as an anniversary quilt!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're really getting through those projects!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.